“Guys system is down.” I am on a state of complete happiness whenever I could hear my manager blasting this news to us. This would mean I could rest my voice while my mind and my fingers are working typing this blog entry. I am thankful that once in a blue moon, this rare scenario happens at work giving me an ample time to relax a bit. This is one of the simplest things that deserves my gratitude.
Exercising gratitude was not my thing when I was younger. When I received something from someone like a gift or a favor, I viewed it as a privilege that I was entitled to have. I’m glad that I was able to meet some people along the course of my life who taught me how to be appreciative enough to be thankful to God for all the blessings He showered unto me.
Mon influenced me to change my ungrateful heart. He helped me transform my outlook in life. I have learned from him that being thankful is not just about being grateful during the times when we feel abundant for receiving those blessings that you can enjoy physically like the food, shelter, money etc. We also need to be thankful and still feel blessed even during the times when we experience the struggles and the trials given to us to test our faith.
There are so many things in my life that I am thankful for but I’ll share to you the gifts that I consider as the most valuable.
- I am grateful for my husband who is always there to provide me with his undying love and to support me in every possible way that he can. He helps me maintain this blog.
- I am grateful for the gift of motherhood. I’m able to experience one of the priceless happiness of being a mother to my only son.
- I am grateful for my parents as they continue to express their unselfish love to me and they even extended their care to my husband and to my son.
- I am grateful for my sister. She listens to all my nonsense stories and rants. She’s one of my avid blog readers.♥
- I am grateful for my in-laws for accepting me as one of the members of their growing family.
- I am grateful for my family’s good health. We can perform our individual tasks and can continue to enjoy the fruits of our labor together.
- I am grateful for the gift of friendship. I have someone to talk to and share my social life with.
- I am grateful for my job as the source of influx of money to support our physical needs to live.
- I am grateful for all the kind strangers who assisted me in an unexpected way that helped me restore my faith in humanity.
- Most of all, I am grateful for the Divine Creator. God is always there listening to my prayers and He continues to bless me, though I know I am not worthy to receive all His favors that he showered unto me. Thank you dear Lord.
How about you? How many times have you tried counting all the blessings that you had received? Start counting now and you will be amazed on how blessed you are more than what you’ve realized.
Thank you for reading.☺